Validate your knowledge of French with an official and international diploma
The TCF is a French language test offered by the French Ministry of Education. It evaluates your French language skills at 6 levels
(from A1 to C2) determined by the common European framework of reference for languages (CEFR).
It is intended for people who are non-native French-speakers and who wish to assess and certify their skills in French, for personal or
This official certificate is internationally recognised and valid for two years.
Tests are computer-based. Results will be available within two weeks
and sent to you by email. The certificate will be sent by email. You can ask to receive it by post for a small fee.
Which TCF should I take?
At the Alliance Française Amsterdam you can take the following TCF exams on a computer: TCF Tout Public, TCF pour le Québec,
TCF Canada and TCF Intégration, Résidence & Nationalité (IRN). Please check on this
which one you might need.
Candidates with specific needs:
France Education International follows a procedure to arrange exam sessions for candidates with specific needs. A doctor's note is required
outlining what the candidate's needs might be. This note has to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 months before the date of the
exam. A template of the doctor's note can be found here.
Please see the France Education International's
for more information.
1. Chose a date for your exam (limited spots - calendar below).
2. Fill the registration form.
3. The Alliance Française Amsterdam will contact you by email to confirm the availability of your chosen date and send you an
4. Pay the invoice within 48h to secure your place.
5. A week before the exam, you will receive a letter of convocation. Please be on time, bring a blue or black pen, your letter of
convocation and your ID.
TCF Tout Public
Why choose the TCF Tout Public?
This test is intended for:
- Professional reasons: the TCF certificate is a benchmark of one's language abilities and may be used to endorse job
applications or applications for internal promotion.
-Personal reasons: the TCF provides a snapshot of one's proficiency in French at the time the test is taken.
-For students: this diploma is required for students who wish to apply for a first year undergraduate study to enroll in a
university in France.
It consists of:
Three mandatory tests:
Mastery and Structural use of the language (15min)
- Immigration: the TCF Québec is exclusively for people who want to immigrate to Quebec. The test has been designed
at the request of the Quebec Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion (MIDI). The candidate is free to choose how many parts of the
test they will take: it is possible to register for 1, 2, 3 or all parts of the test.
- Immigration: the TCF Canada is exclusively reserved for people who would like to initiate the process for permanent
economic immigration or for Canadian citizenship through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). There are no exemptions for
the TCF Canada.
Do you need guidance in your exam preparation? Practice at home and at your own pace, online.
In order to help our learners pursue their dreams, the Alliance Française Amsterdam has partnered with GlobalExam,
an online training platform for language proficiency exams, including the TCF exam.