Within the 'Cercle littéraire', we read and discuss contemporary French literature.
The first 2018 literature course session will focus on the subject of "Contemporary novel - rewriting history and biographic
writing", through a series of 6 different books:
''The contemporary historic novel''
- HHhH by Laurent Binet (September 26th)
- La disparition de Josef Mengele by Olivier Guez (October 24th)
- L'ordre du jour by Eric Vuillard (November 21st)
- Petit pays by Gaël Faye (February 20th)
"The autobiographic writing and the autofiction"
- Rien ne s'oppose à la nuit by Delphine de Vigan (March 6th)
- A novel of your choice - a classical French novel (Balzac, Flaubert, Stendhal, Proust, Duras…) or a contemporary one (to choose with the teacher) (April 3rd)
Two Q&A conferences will also be organised with two translators (from French to Dutch) - Martine Woudt
(Olivier Guez, La disparition de Josef Mengele and Alice Zeniter, L’art de perdre on December 19th) and Prescilla
van Zoest (Christophe
Boltanski, La cache on January 23rd).
Teacher : Anja-Hélène van Zandwijk, PhD French language and Francophone litterature, Contemporary French litterature professor